Ethical responsibility is a focus point for SELECT SPORT. As a global company, we know that our actions matter. We see sustainability as a journey, and we are continuously taking sustainable steps in our production, packaging and partnerships.
Sustainable SELECT SPORT products
We want to reduce our use of plastic and to use even more recycled materials in our production. We have:
- saved 300,000 plastic packets annually by switching our Profcare Support packaging from plastic packaging to smaller cardboard packaging, thereby reducing our transport volume by 40%
- reduced our use of plastic by 50% in the packaging of the MONACO, SPAIN, OXFORD and PISA clothing lines
- introduced a 100% plant-based, recyclable drinking bottle made from sugar cane
- used materials made from recycled PET bottles in our Planet football
- introduced recycled polyester in our BASELAYER underwear range. All styles in the Baselayer range are made with Repreve® Polyester, a type of yarn made from recycled plastic bottles.
- created Eco Ice Pack, a CO2 friendly ice pack without water, where we avoid transporting 45 tonnes of water, thereby reducing CO2 emissions by 44% annually
- our Oxford collection uses recycled polyester.
Our social responsibility goes a long way back with a focus on Anwar Khawaja Industries (AKI), where all our hand-stitched balls are produced. To help our sewing staff and their families as much as possible, we have, together with AKI, developed the SAHEP – SELECT AKI Health & Education Programme.
SAHEP provides workers and their families - over 6,000 people in total - with free medical care and medicine, as well as offering special education for all children.
SELECT considers SAHEP to be an integral part of our corporate culture and our social responsibility. The programme also helps us maintain our high quality as it promotes our sewing staff’s loyalty to SELECT and AKI.
AKI has also been environmentally certified in accordance with the ISO 14001:2015 standard. ISO 14001 is the most recognised international standard for environmental management systems. It is used worldwide.